Movement Skills – Level 1
The Movement Skills workshops have been designed to support a better understanding of key fundamental movement patterns and physical preparation that are essential to help improve long term health and performance in running, jumping and throwing.
This will aid coaches to develop the coaching eye for where to look and what to look for when an individual moves. This series of coach education opportunities are suitable for everyone who is licensed with a Leadership in Running Fitness or Coaching Assistant qualification.
This workshop is an entry level and will give you the fundamental building blocks of Run, Jump and Throw. You will gain primary knowledge and understanding on how to implement Run, Jump & Throw movements into your session and why it’s important to develop all three. The following will be covered...
- Movement and Shape – including how we move.
- Physical Preparation.
- How to develop the physical qualities required to complete the technical elements of running, jumping and throwing events.
- Introduction to the skeleton and how this links to mobility/stability.
- Trunk stability, strength, power and mobility are examples of essential physical qualities that underpin athletics performance at whatever level; from recreational running through to an Olympic javelin thrower.
- Inclusive and can be adapted for disabled athletes.
All workshops are only £15 per person (affiliated leaders/coaches) - follow the signup link to book your place